Effective: June 2015
About this policy
Wellmont Health System (“Wellmont”) is committed to providing visitors with an internet experience that respects and protects their personal privacy choices and concerns, and we have created this policy in order to demonstrate that commitment.
This policy describes how Wellmont treats personal information on wellmont.org (“the website” “our website” etc.) and through electronic interactions online. It also discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the website.
Our website may also contain links to other websites. Wellmont is not responsible for the privacy practices or content on those other sites.
Please read the following information carefully before accessing our website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not use the website. Your continued use of the website indicates your agreement and acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
We reserve the right at any time to, among other actions:
- Change the terms and conditions of this policy.
- Change the website, including eliminating or discontinuing any content on or feature of the website,
- Deny or terminate your use of and/or access to the website.
Any changes to this policy will be effective immediately, once we make them available on the website or otherwise provide notice. Updated versions will include the effective date of the policy. You agree that by entering, re-entering or continuing to use the website that you accept any changes and the current policy.
Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure you know and understand the current version of this agreement.
You should use this website at your own risk. The website is provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. This includes, but is not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement. Wellmont makes no warranty that the content contained on the website satisfies governmental regulations on prescription drug products. Neither Wellmont nor its employees, agents, third party information providers, merchants, licensors, etc. warrant that the website or its operation will be accurate, reliable, uninterrupted or error-free.
No agent or representative has the authority to create any warranty regarding the website on behalf of Wellmont. Wellmont reserves the right to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the website at any time.
Exclusion of liability
Under no circumstances, including negligence, will Wellmont or anyone else involved in creating producing, storing or distributing the website be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages and expenses whatsoever (including, without limitation, health problems, lost profits or damages arising from lost data or business interruption) arising out of or in any way connected with use of the website, delay or inability to use the website, or for any information, software, products or services obtained through the website, whether such damages are based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
You specifically agree that no licensor, supplier or information provider to Wellmont or its affiliates, officers, directors, employees or agents, or any of their successors or assigns, will have any liability to you for any reason or under any theory whatsoever, based upon the information provided on or through the website or your use of the website. Any information or service provided by Wellmont using the website is neither medical advice nor a substitute for medical advice and not a substitute to your primary obligation to maintain your medical records and to comply with any orders, prescriptions or other directions of your medical professionals.
Because some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Wellmont, its officers, directors, employees and agents, licensors and suppliers harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your use of the website, or any content, product or service offered through the website, in a manner that violates or is alleged to violate this policy. Wellmont will provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit or proceeding and will reasonably cooperate with you at your expense in your defense of any such claim, suit or proceeding.
You agree that you will not:
- Upload or transmit any communications or content of any type that may infringe or violate any rights of any party
- Use this website for any purpose in violation of local, state, national or international laws
- Use this site as a means to distribute advertising or other unsolicited material to any third party
- Use this website to post or transmit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, libelous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity
- Attempt to “hack” or disable, duplicate content (“spoof”), or otherwise interfere with the normal functioning of this website
Any communication or material you transmit to the website by electronic mail or otherwise (that does not contain personal health information), including data, questions, comments, suggestions, or other details is, and may be treated as, non-confidential and nonproprietary.
You should never post or submit personal health information using email or any other unsecure electronic method. Personal health information and communications should only occur within the secured
MyWellmont patient portal or Takoma patient portal, as it applies to you.
You hereby grant Wellmont a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license in any copyrightable material that you transmit or post to the website. Any such material may be used by Wellmont for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting.
Wellmont is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques in any communication that you send to the website, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products.
You acknowledge that you are responsible for all information you send to our website.
You may not post or transmit any information that is illegal, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, ethnically or racially offensive or discriminatory, profane, infringes the copyright or other intellectual property right of any third party, invades the privacy of another person or any other information or materials that constitute a crime, gives rise to a civil action or otherwise violate any law or confidentiality agreement.
Wellmont reserves the right to refuse to post any such message, and may take appropriate legal action.
Personal and noncommercial use
Our website is for your personal and noncommercial use. As a condition to your continued use of the website, you warrant to Wellmont that you will not use the website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions of use.
YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS BY USING OUR WEBSITE.
Types of information we might collect from you
When you visit our website, we might collect various types of information as follows:
- Contact information. We might collect your name, address, phone number, email address or similar information.
- Payment and billing information. We might collect your credit card number or other details if you make a secure payment online.
- Information you submit or post. We will collect the information you provide to us if you apply for a job, respond to a survey or post content electronically.
You should never post or submit personal health information using email or any other unsecure electronic method. Personal health information and communications should only occur within the secured MyWellmont patient portal or Takoma patient portal, as it applies to you.
- Demographic information. We might collect information about the services you are interested in – as part of a survey, for example.
- Other information. We might collect information about your computer’s location, the web browser you’re using, what website you came from or what website you visit when you leave our website.
How we collect information from you
- Directly from you. If you register for a promotional contest or apply for a job, for example. We also collect information if you post a comment or make a request.
- Passively. We use tracking tools like browser cookies.
- From third parties. For example, our business partners may give us information about you.
How we use the information we collect
- We use information to respond to your requests or questions. For example, we might use your information to confirm your registration for a program or contest, or fulfill prizes or premiums in a promotion. We might use your friend’s email address if you send them features on our site.
- We use information to improve our products and services. We might use your information to customize your experience with us, and we might use your information to make our website and products better.
- We use information to look at site trends and customer interests. We might use your information to make our website and products better. We might combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
- We use information for security purposes. We might use information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites. For example, in the event of a breach, we might use your contact information to contact you about that incident.
- We use information for marketing purposes. For example, we might send you information about special promotions or offers. We might also tell you about new features or products.
- We use information as otherwise permitted by law.
How we share information
- We might share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we might share information with vendors who help manage our online registration processes or other services.
- We might share information in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We might also share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. Or, we might also share information when we are investigating potential fraud. This might include fraud we think has happened during a sweepstakes or promotion.
- We might share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business is sold we might give our customer list as part of that transaction.
- We might share information with our business partners. For example, if we are working with a third party and running a joint promotion.
- We might share information for other reasons.
How we secure information
The Internet is not 100 percent secure. We cannot promise that your use of our site will be completely safe.
We encourage you to use caution when using the internet. This includes not sharing your passwords or posting or transmitting personal health information using unsecure electronic methods. Communications that contain personal health information should be conducted with your providers only through the secure
MyWellmont patient portal or Takoma patient portal, as it applies to you.
We keep personal information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this policy. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
Opting out of promotional messages
To stop receiving marketing-related messages from Wellmont, use the opt-out option in any communication you receive from us and follow the instructions.
Links to external sites
Other Website Guidelines & Information
Copyright and reuse
© 2015 Wellmont Health System. All rights reserved.
Wellmont Health System
1905 American Way
Kingsport, Tennessee 37660
Wellmont and its related organizations own the copyright or hold electronic publishing rights for all documents and related graphics (“materials”) available from this web server (“server”).
Except for material in the public domain under United States copyright law, all material contained on our website (including any and all images, text, lists, pages, software, code) is protected by United States and foreign copyright laws.
Except as otherwise expressly provided in these terms and conditions, you may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, modify, rewrite, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any material contained on this website without the prior consent of the copyright owner. None of the material contained on the website may be reverse-engineered, disassembled, decompiled, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, translated into any language or computer language, retransmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photo reproduction, recordation or otherwise), resold or redistributed without the prior written consent of Wellmont. Violation of this provision may result in severe civil and criminal penalties.
You may make single copies of materials displayed on this website for your own personal and noncommercial use only, provided any copies include the copyright and other notices displayed with the materials on the website. Any such copies may not be distributed to others, whether or not for a charge or other consideration, without prior written permission from Wellmont or the copyright owner of the copied material. For permission to use, copy or distribute documents or related graphics other than as set forth above, please use our website contact form to make a request.
Links to wellmont.org
Wellmont reserves the right to modify, break or delete hyperlinks at any time, and takes no responsibility for any inbound links established by others that are affected by such changes. Under no circumstances may this website or any of its content be "framed" or portions of this website be copied to a server, except as part of an internet service provider's or internet search engine’s incidental caching of pages. Each page within the website must be displayed in full (including all trademarks, branding, advertising and promotional materials), without any accompanying frame, border, margin, design, branding, trademark, advertising or promotional materials not originally displayed on the page within the website.
Without prior written consent you will not, and you will not authorize, direct or permit any other party to (1) co-brand the website or any portion thereof, or (2) frame the website or any portion thereof (so that the website appears on the same screen within a portion of another website). "Co-branding" means to display a name, logo, trademark, or other indicia of ownership of any party in a manner reasonably likely to give a user of the website the impression that the party has the right to display, publish, or market the website or any content accessible within the website. You agree to cooperate with us in immediately stopping any unauthorized co-branding, framing, or linking to the website.
Links from wellmont.org
This website might contain hyperlinks to websites offered by parties other than Wellmont. Such hyperlinks are provided for reference and convenience only. Wellmont does not control these other websites and is not responsible for their content. Users should not assume the inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites implies Wellmont’s endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators.
Unless otherwise specifically stated, Wellmont does not endorse any product or service or make any representation regarding the reliability, quality or accuracy of any products or services featured in, or linked to, any content appearing on this website.
The information on our website is provided as a courtesy by Wellmont and its related organizations. Wellmont expressly disclaims any representation or warranty, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness or fitness for a particular purpose of the information.
Persons accessing this information assume full responsibility for the use of the information and understand and agree that Wellmont is not responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage arising from the use of the information.
References to specific products, processes, resources, websites or services do not constitute or imply recommendation or endorsement by Wellmont. The views and opinions of the document authors do not necessarily state or reflect those of Wellmont.
The information published on this server could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information in this server.
If the information you're reviewing is of a medical or clinical nature, please read our
Notice of Privacy Practices.
Medicine is an ever-changing science. As new research and clinical experience broaden our knowledge, changes in treatment and drug therapy are required.
The authors have checked with sources believed to be reliable in their efforts to provide information that is complete and generally in accord with the standards accepted at the time of publication.
However, in view of the possibility of human error or changes in medical sciences, neither the authors nor Wellmont nor any other party who has been involved in the preparation or publication of this work warrants that the information contained herein is in every respect accurate or complete, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information.
Readers should confirm the information contained herein with other sources and are encouraged to consult with their health care provider before making any health care decision.
Advertising and publicity
You agree not to use Wellmont’s name or logo in any form of publicity or promotional or advertising material, or in any communications with the media without Wellmont’s prior written consent to the specific contemplated use. Wellmont does not endorse, recommend or approve any commercial products or services displayed on this website.
Questions about this policy
If you have any questions about this policy or other privacy concerns, please submit a question through our online comment form on the website.
Please do not include personal financial information such as credit card numbers or other sensitive or personal health information in your message.
Updates to this policy
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. We will post an updated copy on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates.