Occupational therapy focuses on helping patients regain strength and coordination in order to maximize their independence. Occupational therapy activities can include a variety of daily tasks and processes such as dressing, preparing meals or other leisure and work skills – “skills for the job of living."
Wellmont Health System’s individualized occupational therapy treatment plans help ensure occupational therapy activities are tailored to meet each patient’s needs.
- Customized occupational therapy treatment programs, improving the ability to perform daily activities
- Comprehensive home and job site evaluations with adaptation recommendations
- Performance skills assessments and treatment
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training
- Guidance for family members and caregivers
The Hand Center
When injuries occur to any upper extremity, including the hand, wrist, elbow or shoulder, the experienced occupational therapists at The Hand Center provide the best possible care to help patients get back to their normal activities.
Outpatient occupational and hand therapy